Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rushed Into...

This dream is interesting. First off, I'm in another relationship, though the man, whom we'll call Double A, still refers to us as "friends". We had been taking certain things slow, though moving quickly in other areas. My emotions are guarded due to the last guy who blasted my heart apart and broke me for several months, but have still developed an attraction and a strong connection with him. It's enough to scare the hell out of me, yet intrigue me enough to not run for my safety. Anyways, I digress. On to the dream!

In my dream, it was dark out, but I’m not sure if it was night. I was in the woods somewhere at a random lodge and I think all my friends were there, though I couldn’t see them. I was dressed in a white dress and realized it was my wedding. I was certain I was marrying the right man, though I vaguely remembered him talking about not wanting marriage and how we’ve only been dating for a little over a month. Double A came out and saw me in my dress and put his arms around me and I was instantly elated.

The music started and two bridesmaids bolted past me to music that was too fast for the setting as Double A walked up to the altar, the ceremony rushing along at an unnatural pace as people in the pews whispered about how we had to hurry up, that time was running out. I stood alone as “here comes the bride” began to play at the normal beat, unlike the rushed pre-bride music, and I looked around almost frantically, suddenly all too aware there was no one to give me away, that my dad was not present, nor was any of the rest of my family. I looked over at my good friend Choadis, but there was no time to ask her if she would give me away, so I started walking towards where Double A was standing in anticipation.

This is when I realized how unprepared I was for this wedding, that I didn’t even have a bouquet to carry down the aisle. At the same time, everything about what I was doing felt right. More right than my first wedding or the idea of marrying anyone else. The problem was it felt rushed and like it was happening too quickly.

Double A put his hand on my back as I took my position next to him and it became apparent to me that this was a dream. I felt mild fear as I thought about how my dreams sometimes come true…

No comments:

Post a Comment