Friday, November 27, 2009

My Nap

My crazy ass got up at 2 AM on a Black Friday, after only a few hours of sleep so I could freeze my durf off waiting in line outside Best Buy for two hours. So you can understand my desire to hit the sheets again once I got home. Now, I've been on 3 dates with this guy whom I've run into again after 6 years of no contact... with the only contact all those years ago being nothing but a hookup after his shows (he's in a band that is retiring at the end of this year). Anyway, I've been unsure of if this is just a bootycall outside the venue of his performances or if we are actually dating, though I've been leaning toward the latter.

Apparently, my uncertainty is getting the better of my subconscious, as I just had a dream where my friend L and I were at the venue where we saw him and I obtained his number last month. In my dream, she and I were putting together some sort of Flashcards and I had no idea he was there. As I was sorting through what we had cut up so far and was talking with various different people, I see his back to me as he heads towards the stage door. He says not a word, nor does he look over in my direction, all I see is his back. I'm perplexed and feeling on the spot, as I wonder if I should have been more observant, noticed him prior to his having to take the stage and said hello. Prior to last month, I was always the one who had to approach him. Next, the guitarist, whom I am not fond of, approaches the stage door, facing me. I give him a dirty look, he doesn't care and follows K (the singer whom I have interest in). Next, the female singer approaches the stage door, also facing me. I wave to her, she gives me this strange look and follows K and T (the guitarist I am not fond of). I push down my feelings of being an outsider and focus on what my friend L and I are doing. Later, I mention to my guy friend G about what happened. He says to me, "You should definitely text him and tell him hello. That you didn't mean to ignore him." Well, I ended up not texting him in my dream, as I could not find the right words to express I had not seen him and my dream self was put off that he didn't bother to say hi to me, but had ignored me.

Now, I have to admit this dream is a little more unsettling than the dream I had about him several weeks ago. I dreamt he was coming out to my property where I'm building and asked for directions, which I drew a blank on and had trouble giving him. For some reason, dream K was not taking the ferry and was interested in seeing my half built house. Once he got there, I discovered it was because he was having his first grandchild being born at Harrison. Now, in real time, K is quite a bit older than me... but not THAT old! And to the best of my knowledge, he does not have kids. Of course, we have not talked about anything that deep, really. Still, I would figure a man who has 2 jobs during the week and plays in a band almost every weekend wouldn't have kids, let alone grandchildren! Where the age difference doesn't bother me at all, if he had kids, it would. In fact, it just might be a deal breaker...

No comments:

Post a Comment