Monday, April 26, 2010

Stress Much?

Not sure, but I think the split dreams I had the other night were a direct result of my stress level. Strange.

The first dream had my friend Master Flash living in a townhouse in Seattle, where the hill leading up to it was too steep for a car to get up without serious effort. The hill was almost straight up and my BFF, L, and I were in my car, trying to get up it, following Master Flash after a dinner in downtown. Funny thing is, the city below the townhouse, which was supposed to be Seattle, looked a lot more like Tacoma, near The Swiss. Anyway, we finally made it to Master Flash's house, played Apples to Apples before our friend Ratty decided to leave and L and I needed to make a beer run. We were on our way down the hill, when I got a call, telling me Ratty had gotten into an accident, that she had gotten a DUI. L and I were coming around a corner and saw emergency lights and Ratty's Trail Blazer smashed up against guardrail. Ratty wasn't there, however, she had already been taken to jail for driving while intoxicated.

I then woke up mid-thought, stressing over the DirecTV guy who was coming out later in the day and how the TV and entertainment center were too heavy for my to be able to move before he got there. As I rolled over and prepared to go back to sleep, I wondered what I was going to do or if the DirecTV guy would be willing to help me move this stuff out, if need be.

So I drifted back off to sleep and dreamt I woke up to find my living room an absolute mess from Master Flash, my Roomie, her boyfriend, CP, L, and myself playing Apples to Apples Friday night. I was all sorts of stressed out, as the chair that was usually in the upstairs back bedroom was shoved up against he wall, there were extra couch pieces laying around and my bookcase was dumped over and smashed up against the far wall. I'm sitting on the couch, staring at the disarray, when L walks into the house. I ask her if she could help me get the stuff back to the way it should be and she unenthusiastically agreed. As we started moving stuff around, she started rolling her eyes at my asking her help. Stressed out and upset she was acting like that, I told her I didn't need her help, to just forget it. I then plopped down on the couch, pouting. She asked me what my problem was and I told her I needed help moving the TV and entertainment center before the DirecTV guy showed up, but that I wasn't going to ask for her help with that, when she couldn't even help me with this without rolling her eyes and acting like it's too much trouble. She scolded me for not communicating properly and then I woke up again.

Seems I was grinding my teeth through at least that last dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment