Well, I haven't been posting my dreams as often because the ones I remember have been about K and I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about him. Well, this one was about K, too, but I'm still going to post about it. It was weird.
Basically, I dreamt L, my dad, my step mom and I were hanging out. L and I decided we would go to K's band's last show for New Years Eve. L and I booked a hotel, for some reason my parents were there, and we proceeded to get ready. Well, L proceeded to get ready. I decided I was going to wait till the last minute to do my hair and put makeup on.
So this hotel we were at had a strange amphitheater, with stairs instead of seats. I was fussing around in the amphitheater by myself, when I notice members of the band standing around with blank looks on their faces. I turned around and almost ran into K, who acted as if he hadn't seen me. Suddenly all too aware my hair was a mess and my face was bare (I have acne; it's one of my only body issues), I quickly turn away from him, hoping like hell he didn't see me, though I was standing within a foot of him and I didn't see how he couldn't have. I quickly rush off to go find L, with the band ignoring me and me ignoring the band.
I find L, my dad and my step mom. I end up in an argument with L and my dad for whatever reason and scurry off in an indignant state of irritation. I watch as the members of the band leave the amphitheater to go get ready for their show. Then I run into a fellow who is always with the band and helps promote them. I talk with him briefly, not too worried about my lack of makeup, and mention something about a train out back I was thinking about taking a ride on. I then wander off and find the train.
This train is long and black with the cars being nothing more than platforms with railings on the side. There is a podium near the train with a joystick on it. The train has no operator. I glance at the joystick and push it all the way forward. I then climb on. The train blows its horn and I turn around to see the band and their promoter climb on. The train starts moving and K ignores me and I'm keeping my face away from him so he can't see I don't have makeup on, though the rest of the band acknowledges me this time.
I talk with their promoter, who mentions the band thought it would be a good precursor to their show to take a nice, relaxing ride on this train. He then mentions it's getting close to time for them to perform; we should be heading back. He asks when the train is supposed to slow down, halt and start going backwards to head back to the station. I shrug and tell him I don't know. He then asks how far forward I pushed the joystick that controls it. I told him all the way and his face goes white.
He tells me all the way forward means we're going all the way to the end of the line, which will make the band late for the show. Everyone is staring at me, including K. I am mortified. I start to move to the front of the train, saying something along the lines of there has to be a set of controls on the train. The band's promoter says no, there isn't.
Suddenly, I have an idea. I grab my cell phone and call my step mom, asking her if she's near the podium. She says yes. I ask her to pull the joystick all the way back. She does, the train slows down, halts, then starts going back to the station. I am relieved, but still embarrassed. Feeling guilty about the squabble I had with L and my dad, I ask where they are and what they are up to before hanging up.
As we make our way back to the station, I am trying to keep my face away from K. Suddenly, my pant leg creeps up to reveal my waxed legs. K takes note of how smooth my legs are as I pull my pant leg down to cover the exposed flesh. He looks up at me and actually looks at me this time. I tell him I'm sorry for almost making him late.
He shakes his head and says, "Thank you."
"Thank you for what?" I ask, baffled.
"Thank you for coming tonight," He says, "and for the train ride."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment