Had the most messed up dream last night. MESSED UP. Part of it was okay and inspired by a favor I am seeing if my friend J can do for me. He's what us in the construction industry call a "Sprinkie". Basically, he's a fire sprinkler system installer... a type of plumber, if you will. I am concerned my earthwork contractor is going to overcharge me to hook my water up to my house, so I asked him if he knows anything about residential plumbing.
So in my dream, I was out at my property. There was a picnic table out there and no house, which is strange, 'cause in non-dreamland, I have a house standing there, all sided and dried in. Anyway, I was sitting at the picnic table, waiting for J to show up. I had my work laptop out and it was plugged into something. I remember thinking "man, I'm glad I have WiFi", though where it was coming from, I couldn't tell you, since there wasn't a house there.
So I'm working away and I notice there are people walking around on the road. Several of them look like transients and part of me is frightened. Suddenly, I look up and one of the transients has walked onto my property. He has a weird smile on his face and his pants are down and I'm freaked out because he's staring at me, drooling and is half naked as he sits on the picnic bench next to me. I tell him he needs to leave and he just scoots closer. I stand up and grab my cell phone, intent on calling the police. I tell him I'm going to call the cops and he gets up and starts to walk off, without pulling up his pants. I'm freaking and thinking about calling the cops anyways. There are still people walking around on the street and some of them are staring at me as I stand there, appalled by this transient who was so adamant about being half-naked and near me.
Then the dream flashes to J showing up. This is when I realize there is now a house on the property. He digs the water up and hooks the permanent water up for me, the whole time joking around about the transient he heard about being on my property. I ask where he heard about it from, but he doesn't answer. I ask if his wife knows he's there and he tells me no, she thinks he's working. I point out he is working and he shrugs.
I wake up.
Okay, so now that I have it down on paper, I have to say perhaps it's not nearly as messed up as I thought it was. It's the whole naked homeless man thing which freaked me out. The look on his face was psycho and scary. It's a dream I would not care to relive, that's for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment