Thursday, December 3, 2009

Disconcerting

So, I think last night's dream relates to Monday's encounter with our superintendent on the GCCM side. I don't like getting in trouble, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable and I try my best to be the best I can be in everything I do so I don't get in trouble. So when I went over to the GCCM trailer and had to admit we had dropped the ball on something I thought I needed an answer from my superintendent for and the GCCM super, apparently disappointed in me, tells me there was a way I could have gotten the answer myself, I was crushed. I've actually been stressing over it these past few days.

So last night, I had this dream I was sending out a funny company email, where I drew my favorite people using microsoft paint. I was so proud of my work, thought I had done a great job. I walked into the GCCM superintendent's trailer and he was pissed. He said to me "don't you ever send anything out about me again, do you hear me?" I was heart broken. I looked away and told him it was just a picture, to which he said, "I don't care what it was, you leave me out of it." I looked at the ground as I teared up, remembering how I had spent extra special care on creating detail for everyone's faces and how it had took me several tries to get his beard right and all I had done was make him angry.

Now, this is very unlike the person who the dream was about, but it disturbed me nonetheless. I felt so distraught at having made him so angry. Then again, I was mildly distressed at his disappointment the other day. The subconscious is a strange thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment